This is my personal link collection, which I primarily use as a
bookmark page. Feel free to use it as well.
Jump directly to: ADSL
Digital Video with Linux
Emulation (Windows and more)
GIMP, SANE and Graphics
Mail - Internet - IRC
XFree86 / Graphics
- a very flexible and powerful but still easy to configure backup solution for single computers up to whole networks onto any medium you can think of.
- Bacula Documentation
- local on a Debian distribution. ;)
- Installing ssh and rsync on a Windows machine: minimalist approach
- how to go about using rsync on windows.
- Make CD-ROM Recovery (mkCDrec)
- mkCDrec makes a bootable (El Torito) disaster recovery image (CDrec.iso), including backups of the linux system to the same CD-ROM (or CD-RW) if space permits, or to a multi-volume CD-ROM set. Otherwise, the backups can be stored on another local disk, NFS disk or (remote) tape.
- recovery is possible! A linux recovery system with latest driver support.
- Consumer Video Editing in Linux
- With more and more consumers getting fed up with Windows and the expense of video editing applications on the platform, Linux and video editing applications in the Linux environment are becoming more and more appealing. This article reviews capture programs, video editing programs and other utilities for video in a Linux environment. If you\'re a consumer with a little computer experience and an interest in video editing, Linux is a great environment for you to edit your video\'s in.
- Linux DV
- Digital Video for Linux, dvgrab, kino, etc.
- Making Movies with Linux from Production to Distribution
- a virtual machine program for Linux and Windows, supports OS/2!
- Windows emulator for Linux, binaries (RPM)
- Wine from Codeweavers
- ready made RPMs and easy Setup.
- Wine HQ
- Windows emulator for Linux
- The Xen virtual machine monitor: Xen is a virtual machine monitor for x86 that supports execution of multiple guest operating systems with unprecedented levels of performance and resource isolation.
- A Linux Leafsite
- extensive and very flexible backup program for unix, including network support.
- Backup mit Linux
- an overview(in german)
- eBay auctioning tool.
- an eBay auction tool.
- delix Computer GmbH - Title Page
- Digital Camera HowTo
- linux documentation project.
- eBay auctioning tool.
- a small fax solution for class 1 (!) and class 2 modems.
- programming and user guides around linux.
- homepage at cnlab-switch.ch
- Ispell Homepage
- Java eBay auctioning tool.
- graphical front-end for tar with multi-archive support per tape.
- Linux howtos
- nice collection of linux info: System Administration System configuration | Internet time Backup and
Recovery Backup MySQL Databases | Archive /home | KMail Backup |
Backup of a whole partition | Backup to remote tape server About
writing CDs Backup on multisession CD-R | Backup on CD-RW | Mixed-mode
CDs | Copy Audio CD | Copy data CD | Bootable CD | CD-R like a tape |
Using IDE CD-Writer Troubleshooting Quick copy of LILO to floppy |
Grab the console | SysLog on console 9 | SysRq key | Corrupt
filesystem? Connecting MS-Windows Using Windows resources | Providing
resources to Windows | Dual-boot MS Windows NT and Linux Miscellaneous
Booklet Printing | PDF | kppp Tips & Rulesets | How much disk space
does a Linux installation need? | Speed up my System! | fax | Identify
webserver | Find files | Search-and-replace | Zip files | Login window
image | Two X Servers
- Recent Kernels, patches and information all around Linux.
- homepage of the motherboard monitoring modules and programs.
- Linux Standards Base, a standard for making different distributions 'compatibel'
- a System Health Monitor based on lm_sensors
- An excellent calendar with scheduler and reminder.
- as a reimplementation of MRTGs graphing and logging features.
- parallel computing and research project.
- Documentation for Webmin and HTTP caching.
- The Linux Resources
- The SIG11 problem
- Web-based administration tool for Linux
- WWW Linux at Franken.DE
- XEmacs -- Emacs: The Next Generation
- A Plan for Spam
- a very smart article about a way to fight Spam.
- Adding a second Postfix instance
- Better Bayesian Filtering
- an improvement to the Spam filter (see A Plan for Spam)
- Cyrus IMAP Server
- Cyrus Sasl Ldap and mysql Auth patch
- Cyrus Stuff and Postfix Stuff
- a collection of hints and tips and little pieces of software to go with cyrus and postfix.
- mailing list archive for Cyrus and SASL.
- perl script that gets rid of MIME attachments, also converting multipart mails into plain text.
- Dynamic Relay Authorization Control
- Extracting "application/ms-tnef" apps in Linux without the
- Fighting malware and spam with Postfix
- another Gnoem eMail client (MySQL based!)
- Gnus als IMAP Mailreader
- IMAP products database
- Internet Junkbuster on Sourceforge
- actively developed and more flexible and userfriendly. no called Privoxy.
- Smart MIME decoding (uudecode and base64 as well).
- Konfiguration und Installation des Cyrus Imap Servers
- German online help.
- for japanese (and other codepage support), needed for sylpheed
- how to set the locale correctly! This makes Mutt display the correct characters for the iso-8859 charset.
- Nice feature rich e-mail client with lot's of configurable properties.
- a mailing list manager with Webfrontend and written in Python.
- mail and mailing list archiver, very flexible, done in perl.
- ML - A mail program for X and IMAP
- Mlevin Hadash: Sylpheed\'s Actions
- a big collection of tips and tricks for sylpheed.
-- a text based mailer with lots of features and nicely configurable.
- Mutt Manual
- local copy
- nice perl script to print mails from any application.
- NoDomainName Networks
- GNU Software: AtDot, GDBC, GNU pop3d, GNU Sweater, GNUTS, Minordomo,
- NIS authentication via MySQL
- Open Source Digest
- Spamassassin Intro, Setup, and Advanced Techniques
- Opera for LInux Beta Mailing List
- integrate MySQL requests into a PAM system.
- lean fullfeatured news reader.
Very nice and rich Tcl/Tk Mailer for POP, IMAP and more, built on top of Ratatosk with new interface.
- privacy proxy (no ads and other junk), formely junkbuster.
- Procmail Quick Start
Very nice and rich Tcl/Tk Mailer for POP, IMAP and more.
- Renaming Mailman mailinglists
- Reverse SPAM Filtering
- using procmail
- Ricardo Mones supported Debian packages
- e.g. sylpheed...
- the Sieve Homepage (cyrus mail server filtering language)
- SIEVE Filtering with Squirrelmail
- on a Cyrus IMAP server.
- Signature with fortunes
- SPAM filtering with Sylpheed
- a couple of Perl scripts and bayesian filtering.
- procmail filter to get rid of spam.
- Mail client for Unix (GTK based), with IMAP and GPG support.
- Sylpheed Caws
- bleeding edge of Sylpheed Mail Client.
- Sylpheed Debian packages
- by Ricardo Mones
- Sylpheed HowTo
- some special cases for Sylpheed usage.
- Sylpheed Mail Archive on GMANE
- good web interface and search option.
- Sylpheed Mailing List Archive
- Sylpheed RPMs
- howto for building rpms and even configuring them.
- Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 Manual
- Tcl/Tk Developer Exchange
- The place for anything about Tcl/Tk
- The Internet Junkbuster by waldherr.org
- some small changes and a current blacklist.
- The Internet Junkbuster Home Page
- getting rid of all the ads in your browser.
- Using nmh with Sylpheed
- a lot of examples on how too use nmh and its programs in working with sylpheed.
- web frontend for Sieve (cyrus mail server filtering language)
- nice powerful IRC client.
- Zircon, an X11 Client for IRC
- based on Tcl/Tk. Very nice with different windows for each purpose.
- Centrino / Thinkpad WLAN help
- thinkwiki entry to help run the WLAN on a T42p
- failover programs for high availability
- Floppy for ISDN for Linux
- a one floppy router and firewall
- IPtables HOWTO
- Linux netfilter with 2.4.x kernels
- IPTables Tutorial
- Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall, based on LRP the Linux Router Project.
- a line control daemon for linux and several clients for Win, Linux, Java.
- Network drivers and more.
- Linux Ethercard Diagnostic and Setup Programs
- by Donald Becker.
- Linux IP Masquerade Resource
- HOWTO and more on masquerading
- Linux IPCHAINS-HOWTO
- Paul Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linux Kernel 2.4 Firewalling Matures: netfilter
- Linux Router Project (LRP)
- How to make a one floppy router with your old PC (386 and up)
- LINUX-PC als Internet-, Datei-, Druck-, Fax-, Scanner- und Einwahlserver
- (German) Linux as a Internet, File, Print, Fax, Scanner and Dial-In Server.
- combines the functionality of the 'traceroute' and 'ping' programs
in a single network diagnostic tool.
- PAM and Network Authentication
- Modular Authentication for Linux
- a newer, flexible and secure(?) FTP server.
- The Netfilter Project: Packet Mangling for Linux 2.4
- The Webalizer
- is a fast, free web server log file analysis
- The Wonder Shaper
- I attempted to create the holy grail: Maintain low latency for interfactive traffic at all times
- tinc: The network is virtual, your privacy is not...
- tinc is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) daemon that uses tunnelling and encryption to create a secure private network between hosts on the Internet.
- a nice Linux Soundmixer/Editor and Recorder
- a nice and intuitive cd ripper for MP3, OGG and more.
- Control your soundcard levels with a vengence.
- hardware implementation of ogg vorbis audio format.
© Joachim F. Selinger,
Last modified: 2018-10-06 20:00:50